This article was first published on IOTA - Medium
Chrysalis Weekly Status Update — November 27
Published weekly as a summary of Chrysalis phase 2 updates. Please click here if you want to ready the full monthly dev status update.
IOTA 1.5 (also known as Chrysalis) is the mainnet’s intermediate stage before Coordicide is complete. You can read more about the strategy for releasing Chrysalis here.
The Chrysalis phase 1 components were deployed to mainnet in August. The engineering team is now working on Chrysalis phase 2.
This week’s updates and status
- Last week, the Bee team successfully connected a Bee node to Hornet nodes on the Chrysalis testnet. This allowed the team to successfully test synchronization between the nodes.
- The team is updating the network protocol, with tweaks on the ledger and snapshot implementation.
- An endpoint for sending messages remains to be implemented from the new API.
- Moving crates to the main Bee repository.
- The upcoming focus will be largely on documentation, testing, and auditing the necessary crates.
- Progressing on refactoring gossip, tangle, and snapshot plug-ins.
- Reset the internal Chrysalis testnet on the addition of network IDs to the message layout.
- MQTT websocket implementation added.
- Added delta snapshot import and export functionality. ...
To keep reading, please go to the original article at:
IOTA - Medium