This article was first published on Aave Blog - Medium
Development Update: Santa Came Earlier This Year — The Baiji Release Candidate Is Here!
We worked hard right before holidays to be able to provide you our best Christmas gift ever!
Aave is proud to announce the final release candidate of Baiji in Kovan testnet. The release candidate is a feature-complete release of our digital asset-backed lending marketplace secured with Smart Contracts. After the final bug bounty campaign, the release will be shipped to live Ethereum network!
What's New? Find The Brand New Features
Following the agile development approach, we made lot of changes compared to the last Baiji, in order to improve the user experience (You can check the old version features here.) to make sure our early adopters are getting the best available lending experience out there.
Addition to the previously promised, Santa came up with the following additional features for the official Baiji release candidate:
- Removed the need of update the ETH/USD price manually by users, Baiji uses automatically MakerDAO oracle to avoid users the expenses and delays.
- New loan currencies: USDC and ETH-pegged to KRW, INR, RBL and JPY. BTC as currency will be added in a future state when it is considered totally functional and secure. 🚀
- New collateral currencies: Bitcoin (BTC) and USDC.
- Improved version of the in-app wallet.
- Loan offers have been completely redesigned from scratch.
- Mobile theme completely reworked for the new release.
- Origination fee (2% of loan amount) from the borrower, this fee will be charged in the first instalment and will replace the borrower fee taken from the collateral. Using LEND tokens as collateral will reduce those fees by half and using them as currency will have zero fees on the ...
To keep reading, please go to the original article at:
Aave Blog - Medium