This article was first published on Hello ICON World - Medium
ICON Development Roadmap Update — October 2020
Gangnam Testnet Release and Update on Contribution Proposal System
This month was highlighted by the release of the ICON 2.0 Testnet Gangnam and the JAVA SCORE environment. Additionally, we have made significant progress on the Contribution Proposal System (CPS) and are expecting the release to mainnet very soon. Please see below for the latest timeline and further information on these developments.
1. ICON 2.0 Testnet Gangnam has been launched
ICON 2.0 Testnet, Gangnam, has been successfully launched. Gangnam is the testnet that enables the Java SCORE and provides developers an opportunity to test ahead of the ICON 2.0 launch. Note, you can immediately start developing Java SCORE on the testnet using Goloop CLI Tools.
Since Java SCORE is a faster and more sustainable smart contract environment, we’re going to encourage developers to develop Java SCORE instead of developing Python SCORE. Please check this previous post for more details and if you have any questions please join this chat and leave a message.
- Java SCORE Examples and starting guide: https://github.com/icon-project/java-score-examples
- Java SCORE API Documentation: https://www.javadoc.io/doc/foundation.icon/javaee-api
- Gradle Plugin for JavaEE: https://github.com/icon-project/gradle-javaee-plugin
- Goloop CLI Command Reference: https://github.com/icon-project/goloop/blob/master/doc/goloop_cli.md
To keep reading, please go to the original article at:
Hello ICON World - Medium