This article was first published on Hello ICON World - Medium
ICON Monthly Grant Recap — August 2020
Six New Grant Approvals and New Use-Cases For $ICX
In August, we’ve approved 6 grants ranging from DApp development and developer tools to design and documentation. These approvals follow the 9 grants approved in July, the highest total since launching this initiative late last year. Please see below for more details of each respective initiative:
- DApp: STIN - Combine NFC and the ICON Blockchain Progress
- DApp: Stash — A rewards program for ICON
- DApp: $ICX Staking Lossless lottery
- Developer tools: OpenDevICON Continuing development proposal
- Design and documentation: PARROT9: Bridge and ICON documentation
- DApp: FutureICX 2.0 Gamified Trading Platform
Block42, together with “STIN” (https://www.stin.at/) a local distiller of premium gin and a NFC hardware supplier, want to establish an application combining the capabilities of NFC-technology with ICON’s blockchain technology. Block42 will equip 1,000 bottles of a limited edition gin with special crypto enabled NFC chips (“Security Controller”), which provide the highest available security for blockchain systems. The limited amount of bottles is written into the blockchain and each customer should be easily able to check the integrity of the bottle and the total amount of available bottles by interacting with the NFC chip on the bottle.
The ICON Foundation is going to give out $8,390 in 3 monthly installments based on the Periodic Report. The amount of ICX will be determined and paid according to the price at 02:00 AM (UTC) on the day of payment.
- 2020/08/31 02:00 AM (UTC) — $2,797
- 2020/09/28 02:00 AM (UTC) — $2,797
- 2020/10/30 02:00 AM (UTC) — $2,796
As part of the approval, the team must submit the Periodic Report by the timeframes below (UTC):
- 2020/08/28 02:00 AM (UTC)
- 2020/09/26 02:00 AM (UTC)
- 2020/10/28 02:00 AM (UTC)
Stash — a Rewards Program for ICON
Stash is a rewards program for ICON that enables a consumer to earn ICX when they shop online. Once they ...
To keep reading, please go to the original article at:
Hello ICON World - Medium