This article was first published on Stories by IOS Foundation on Medium
July 23, 2020, the Q2 Global Partner Node meeting was held with the participation of IOST cofounder Terry Wang, IOST representatives, and over 70 global partner nodes from all over the world.
The session consists of 3 main parts:
- IOST co-founder Terry summarized the development in the first half of the year and explained the development roadmap for the second half of 2020
- The IOST Foundation team representatives gave their brief summary and speech
- The node partner representatives presented and demonstrated their past contributions and future plans for IOST
IOST development in the first half of the year and future plans
IOST co-founder Terry kickstarted the meeting with a concise summary of IOST development in the first half of the year. Technical highlights include continuous technical innovation, multiple regular mainnet updates, and optimizations. IOST’s technology was well endorsed in the CCID Global Public Chain Technology Evaluation Index as the #1 spot in the basic technology aspect.
Another notable update in the past quarter was the introduction of updated staking mechanism 4.0 in which the unstaking period was significantly shortened from 7 days to only 3 days. The new node policy to be implemented from Q3 moving forward also provides better incentives for nodes with more contributions. While increasing contribution incentives, IOST has launched an on-chain governance mechanism, hoping to strike a balance between community/node participation and governance efficiency.
In addition to the above highlights, IOST and its enterprise arm Aiou Technology have also focused on expanding government-enterprise cooperation across China, Japan, South Korea, Switzerland and other countries. Terry highlighted the following:
- Launched the Shanyiou charity information publicity platform to promote charity transparency and help epidemic prevention and control;
- signed a memorandum of understanding with the world-class university of Zurich University;
- joined the world’s most widely used alliance chain system Hyperledger;
- Strengthened the relationship with AWS in China;
To keep reading, please go to the original article at:
Stories by IOS Foundation on Medium