This article was first published on Monero
This is the v0.17.1.9 minor point release of the Monero software. This is a recommended release that contains mitigations against the ongoing memory exhaustion attack.
Some highlights of this minor release are:
- Add different limits for epee binary format for P2P and RPC
- Add more sanity checks on data size (portable_storage)
- Fix deadlock banning while updating peer lists
- Add aggressive restrictions to pre-handshake p2p buffer limit
- Add a max levin packet size by command type
- Restrict duplicate keys and unnamend sections in epee binary format
- More sanity checks in new chain block hashes
- Minor bug fixes
Contributors for this Release
This release was the direct result of 7 people who worked, largely unpaid and altruistically, to put out 30 commits containing 362 new lines of code. We'd like to thank them very much for their time and effort. In no particular order they are:
The new binaries can be downloaded from the Downloads page or from the direct links below.
To keep reading, please go to the original article at: