We are releasing a new version of our Pollen testnet: v0.3.5. With this version, we are improving both security and reliability. The full list of changes include:
- Fix consensus statement bug
- Fix deadlock in RandomMap
- Fix several shutdown related issues
- Load old messages in visualizer
- Fix wrong Tips count in visualizer
- Fix dashboard typos
- Improve integration tests
- Improve network delay analysis
- Update hive.go
- Update JS dependencies
As for the previous release, this version bump resets the network as well as the Tangle, and all the balances and tokenized assets.
The team is also working on the following milestones:
- Tangle refactoring: Branch manager, UTXO-DAG, Data flow, Adaptive PoW, Approval switch;
- Mana: Calculate consensus mana vector in the past;
- Finality: Approval weight, Epochs;
- Timestamp validation: Voting via FPC;
- Congestion control: Initial implementation.
We have also run further testing with PebbleDB after the fix from the Hornet Team. We noticed that although the synching issue has been fixed and the memory consumption is halved, the general performance in terms of IO was about 3 times slower than with BadgerDB. Thus, we have decided, at least for the moment, to stick with BadgerDB and reconsider Pebble integration only after we complete the remaining milestones.
We would like to thank, once again, our entire community for their help and support....
To keep reading, please go to the original article at:
IOTA Foundation Blog