This article was first published on Wanchain - Medium
Launching “The Scoop” —Your Weekly Summary of Everything Important in the Crypto World
The Scoop for September 3rd to September 10th 2020
Why we’re starting “The Scoop”
This article was originally written as a document for internal purposes. I began writing it to make sure the entire Wanchain team is kept up to date on all the important events and trends in the industry. The team found it to be quite useful, and after a while we realized it could be useful for our community as well.
The Scoop is not intended to be original journalism. It is intended to be brief summary of significant articles and events from the past week with links to the original sources. Sources will always be linked and credited. If you know any good newsletters or Twitter accounts which have news we’ve been missing, please mention them in the comments!
Hope you enjoy!
The Scoop for September 3rd to September 10th 2020:
- Latin American nations seem to steadily adopt cryptocurrencies, they represented about 5 to 9% of all crypto transaction activity for any given month in the past year; fluctuations of national currencies are very severe;
- usage if Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in Africa also steadily rises
- thanks to Just Eat delivery service in France it is possible to pay in crypto for delivery from more than 15,000 restaurants
- Ukraine, Russia, Venezuela, China and Kenya are amongst the countries with most widespread adoption according to Chainalysis report (linked below, it is a GREAT read)
- The Korea Internet & Security Agency is the first public entity to implement a blockchain powered employee ID system (October 2020); a blockchain-based decentralized identity app
https://blog.chainalysis.com/reports/2020-global-cryptocurrency-adoption-index-2020 < this article seems especially interesting
- - ransomware attack ...
To keep reading, please go to the original article at:
Wanchain - Medium