This article was first published on Stories by Raiden Network on Medium
tl;dr: We are excited to announce that the Raiden Network Red Eyes release is live on the Ethereum mainnet! The Red Eyes release is an alpha testing release. It is absolutely crucial to read this post including the security notes carefully before using the software.
The network is not yet production ready, however we welcome everybody to test it on the mainnet by doing token transfers and taking part in our bug bounty.
With Red Eyes, the first version of the Raiden Network has been successfully deployed on the Ethereum mainnet. The main goal of this release is to have the smart contracts and the core protocol battle tested on the mainnet. As part of ensuring this, a bug bounty was created specifically for the release. Find out more about the bug bounty here.
Which features are included in the Red Eyes release?
- Opening, topping up, closing and settling of payment channels
- Single and multi-hop transfers
- Automatically joining a token network and opening channels with peers
- REST API with endpoints for all functionalities
- Redesigned WebUI
- Raiden Explorer, visualizing the live status of the Network
- Rewritten and more gas efficient smart contracts (e.g. only one contract per token network)
- Improved protocol for dealing with edge cases
- Recoverability in case of an irregular shutdown of the Raiden node
- Integration of the Matrix transport protocol for messaging
Where can I get it?
In order to get started, read the documentation and download the latest version of the Raiden Network from GitHub. If you encounter any problems during the process, contact us via Gitter or open an issue.
See the Raiden smart contracts on EtherScan here:
To keep reading, please go to the original article at:
Stories by Raiden Network on Medium