This article was first published on Request - Medium
👋 Request enthusiasts,
Over the last 4 years, Request has made some progress and we’d like to share an updated overview, and give some insights about our ambitions.
- We’re building the future of commerce: a bankless system for open finance
- From millions of siloed invoice databases to an open and unique repository
- Request Invoicing is the first application we launched mid 2020
- We’re building towards RequestDAO, a community managed ecosystem of builders
- We’re building a virtuous financial system with core principles in mind
1. We’re building the future of commerce: a bankless system for open finance
A few years ago, when our team was working remotely and traveling frequently it was necessary to open a local bank account in each country if we were going to be there for at least a few months. Since then, things have improved: it’s possible to have international bank accounts, with the rise of neobanks like Revolut. In a few years, it won’t be necessary to open a bank account at all. This improvement will be powered by blockchain, where wallets will replace banks. This will facilitate financial inclusion and more equal access to bank-equivalent financial services.
2. From millions of siloed invoice databases to an open and unique repository
The Request Network, our core, open-source protocol, is the open network for all payment requests including invoices. It’s a pillar for the DeFi movement, and is needed for businesses to operate. We see the business centered blockchain revolution as just beginning; we call it Corporate DeFi (#CorpDeFi).
Some businesses such as 3Box, Gnosis Safe, Multis, Sablier and Snapshot.page have already begun to make inroads in this burgeoning field of CorpDeFi. We believe that these early adopters will be the success stories needed for larger adoption.
Using Paypal as an example, all transactional information is stored on ...
To keep reading, please go to the original article at:
Request - Medium