This article was first published on Stories by Skycoin on Medium
The Skycoin project is migrating from skycoin.net to skycoin.com
Skycoin has been targeted by a sophisticated and coordinated cyber attack.
Our skycoin.net servers suffered at the hands of this attack which prompted a pre-planned migration to skycoin.com to be fast-tracked.
We are doing everything we can to address the situation.
- Migrated all servers to skycoin.com from skycoin.net
- We are in the process of getting control over all assets and accounts lost during the DNS and email hijacking (this has now been completely resolved)
This attack could have been much more severe and we were able to avoid most of the damages because of the early detection of the incident and because of our internal security policies.
- We are implementing a new build manifest system and deterministic build system to enable automatic detection of future hijacking attempts
- We are implementing a new account and security policies to avoid future incidents (including mandatory password rotation and segregation so that no single employee has access to both the domains, the DNS configuration and the servers).
- We have hired several 3rd parties to investigate the incident and collect evidence for civil and criminal prosecution of the individuals involved in the attack.
We appreciate all the continued support from the Skyfleet. Rest assured that we are continuing to develop Skycoin and its various projects, and look forward to a free and open Internet for the masses, which is the dream of Skycoin and the community. We will be sure to keep you posted on any developments. In the meantime, stay safe, stay strong, and hold your faith, Skyfleet!
To keep reading, please go to the original article at:
Stories by Skycoin on Medium