This article was first published on The Blueprint by Bluzelle - Medium
More than 1.4 Million BLZ tokens to be distributed!
We’re delighted to announce the completion of the Swarm of Duty validator competition, ended at block height 385,079. We are grateful to the 200+ validators for upholding a secure and stable TestNet throughout the competition.
While we are auditing the data and results, here are some quick stats that highlight your achievements:
- 220 participants.
- 128 (58%) maintained a perfect power uptime while 193 (88%) achieved more than 50% uptime!
- 32 achieved 100% voting participation with no missed blocks!
- Four iterations (upgrades) of the Testnet during the competition.
- One network stall occurred, and prompted a massive security improvement to Bluzelle’s architecture.
- Three network crashes occurred. This led to Bluzelle discovering a critical bug in Tendermint! We might qualify for a Tendermint bug bounty ourselves.
Throughout the iterations, we have worked closely with our community validators as well as the Cosmos+Tendermint team to identify and resolve a wide range of issues. We built from scratch our own explorer, CENSUS, that reflects the data on blockchain more accurately. Most importantly, we created a brand new sentry security model that is highly innovative (first ever in all Cosmos blockchains), as a result of issues we ran into, and assistance from community members.
We will release a more detailed report about our Swarm of Duty TestNet event very soon.
We designed the program strategically by setting up four different reward categories. With a guaranteed minimum amount, we encouraged the community to participate. Meanwhile, they are also incentivised to compete for top rankings to earn additional....
To keep reading, please go to the original article at:
The Blueprint by Bluzelle - Medium