This article was first published on Komodo
This series of posts is called the Tech Tuesday Updates. Along with Komodo’s Five Bullet Fridays weekly newsletter, Tech Tuesday Updates is another weekly piece of content to look forward to.
In case you’ve missed a previous edition and want to catch up, you can find all the previous Tech Tuesday updates here.
Custom Blockchain Game Dev Tools
Komodo is an open, multi-chain platform that gives every project the ability to customize and launch an independent blockchain. When building with Komodo’s technology, your blockchain comes with a wide range of customization options:
- 15+ parameters, such as blocktime, block rewards, staking rewards, Proof of Work or Proof of Stake or any combination of the two, the hashing algorithm, the introduction of new features through the blockchain’s lifecycle, and many more.
- Custom consensus modules, to extend your blockchain’s functionality.
- Tokenization, unlimited amount of ingame tokens can be launched on the custom chain
- Access to Komodo’s smart contract library, which includes oracles, gateways, and more.
- Atomic swaps to exchange value and ingame tokens.
- Native bitcore integration – very fast, high performance internal block explorer functions.
The deployment or launch strategy also can include a participation-style of rewards where one global contract address holds funds. The funds are available to anyone that satisfies the blockchain (consensus) rules which define the gameplay ,e.g. in KMDICE, half of the coins that will exist are locked up for winning against a bet. In ROGUE the amount of in-game gold can be converted to ROGUE coins, where the entire supply of coins is held, so only the gamers get the coins.
Game interactivity and hosting is quite simple in the current day. Some multiplayer games enable gamers to connect, and HTML games can be hosted for browser gameplay. Other forms of game updates are simple ...
To keep reading, please go to the original article at: