This article was first published on Stories by Viacoin on Medium
We have recently released Viacoin Core 0.16.3, which is packed with new features, improvements and fixes. In this article we will briefly walk through all of the Viacoin Core 0.16.3 features.
Viacoin Core 0.16.3 changelog:
- Segwit Wallet
- Bech32 address support
- HD-wallets by default
- Replace-By-Fee by default in GUI
- Block Relay Improvements
- Support for signalling pruned nodes
- SHA256 assembly enabled by default
- GUI changes
- RPC changes + changed command line options
Viacoin Core 0.16.3 introduces full support for segwit in the wallet and user interfaces. It now supports legacy, p2sh-segwit (default) and bech32 addresses.
- All segwit keys in the wallet get an implicit redeemscript added, without it being written to the file. This means recovery of an old backup will work, as long as you use new software.
- All keypool keys that are seen used in transactions explicitly get their redeemscripts added to the wallet files. This means that downgrading after recovering from a backup that includes a segwit address will work
Bech32 address support
Full support for native segwit addresses Bech32 has now been added....
To keep reading, please go to the original article at:
Stories by Viacoin on Medium