This article was first published on Wings Dao - Medium
Great news everyone!
Following months of development and a little over two months of testing on the Testnet, we are happy to announce that the DAO Protocol Upgrade functionality announced in our previous post is now available on the Mainnet.
As a reminder, the new functionality is a significant step towards becoming a real Decentralized Autonomous Organization, by enabling WINGS token holders to submit proposals for the improvement of the WINGS Protocol, and vote on existing proposals, thus allowing the best of them to be funded by the WINGS community. The resulting code is then submitted for review to a Warden (initially the WINGS Foundation, and at a later stage, elected members of the community). If no issues are found, the code is merged into the main branch and deployed, thus the proposal is accepted and integrated.
The minimum voting period will be 1 week and a minimum amount of 1 locked WINGS tokens is required to participate in the voting process. Conditions for approval of the proposal:
A/C − B/C ≥ 0.1
A: The number of “Approve” votes
B: The number of “Reject” votes
C: The number of Members as of end of voting
Below you will find a list of the main features included in this release:
- Metamask support, it’s now possible to access WINGS via Metamask, thus increasing security significantly. The previous method of web wallet is also supported.
- Wallet functionality on the (send / receive / lock / unlock)
- Protocol upgrade proposal creation, including entry of developer information
- Decentralized voting on protocol upgrade proposals
- Registration of community feedback
- Funding of community accepted proposals
- Secure withdrawal of funds by the proposal developers
- Registration of development status updates in the blockchain
last and not least:
- Blocking of funds by proposal funders
The goal of allowing to ...
To keep reading, please go to the original article at:
Wings Dao - Medium